Since its inception, Jubilee has received over 30 awards, both local and national, in recognition of its outstanding achievements and service to the community. Some of those awards include:
- Presidents Award for Jubilee’s Executive Director, Sterling Wilder, from the Lynchburg NAACP for his community leadership – 2016
- USA Weekend 2004 Make a Difference Day National Award
- Lynchburg Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year Award, 2001
- Oprah’s Angel Network Use Your Life Award, November 2000
- USA Weekend 1999 Make a Difference Day State Award
Yes Program Student Achievements – 2016
- 100% of students completed their homework during tutoring sessions.
- All students requiring remedial assistance in subjects (those who earned grades lower than “C”) completed additional assignments (required to participate in recreational activities).
- 97% report cards analyzed showed improvement of at least one letter grade since the previous grading period.
- 100% of students were promoted to the next grade level.
- 90% of graduating seniors from the YES program enrolled in higher education.
- Fourteen children (targeted 1st through 3rd graders in need of remedial instruction, plus several 4th and 5th graders that need remedial instruction as well) are enrolled in the Reading and Learning Intervention Program. Each student receiveed personalized instruction to strengthen literacy and comprehension skills.
- 100% of students demonstrated knowledge of a new subject area upon completion of the program.
- 95% of parent/guardians noted improvement in their child’s behavior upon completion of the program.
- 100% of students receive daily exercise.
- 44 students went on College Tours with Jubilee on their Spring Break.